Position: Job Coach
Job Status: Term Full time position ending May, 2017 with possibility of renewal
Salary Range: $16 -$18 (Group Benefit)
Closing Date: September 14, 2016
Start Date: September 22, 2016
As Part of our Elmwood Youth Employment Experience (EYEE), the Job Coach will role is to instruct 30 hours per week in-class portion of the program to youth between the age 18-30 years old experiencing barriers to employment.
Curriculum includes units on workplace health and safety, Manitoba employment standards, goal setting, career planning, resume building, cover letters and application forms, job searching techniques, interviews as well as life skills such as money management, confidence and self-esteem and conflict resolution. Class work also incorporates MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher into various lessons. The JC works in close partnership with the Youth Employment Outreach Worker (YEOW) as a team.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in the social services field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in adult education, computer literacy, Essential Skills, Computer and internet literate, including MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills paired with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the development, organization, and facilitation of groups
- Experience working in a community based setting in the Inner-city of Winnipeg
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to follow direction and make decisions within the parameters of the job
- Ability to work flexibly in a high stress environment, adapting to the needs of the group/participant
- Non-judgmental and accepting attitude
- Other combinations of relevant education and experience may be considered
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check
- A valid driver’s licence and a vehicle is a requirement.
- Interview participants obtain employment history, educational background, personal skill sets and goals; case history and background information;
- Assist clients to set out SMART Goals and develop plans of action while providing necessary support and assistance;
- Facilitate curriculum lessons , activities while providing supervision to the participants
- Identify barriers to employment that the youth in the program face and help them overcome those barriers
- Working with the YEOW to determine which applicants to accept into the program
- Coordinating off-site visits such as career fairs, tours of schools, resource facilities or other suitable events
- Maintaining a database/filing system of participant information while maintaining confidentiality
- Submitting documentation (participant information forms, monthly activity reports, monthly statistical reports, 90-day follow up reports, and participant leaving forms) to appropriate stakeholders
- Provide monthly written reports on activities and expenditures and keep accurate records (ECRC monthly reports and others)
- Write; maintain promotional materials, website content, articles, publications and other materials as required
- Acting as a positive role model for youth participating in the program
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of programs by tracking clients’ behavioral changes and responses to intervention;
- Coordinate, implement and maintain a recruitment plan for both participants and participating employers;
- Co-ordinate suitable off-site visits and guest speakers for participants
- Facilitate workshops and group on topic of interest as needed
- Attend ECRC team meetings and participate in ECRC related training and events
Submit Resumes and a cover letter to:
Elmwood Community Resource Centre
545 Watt St /Winnipeg, MB R2K 2S2
*No Phone calls and only successful applicants will be contacted to schedule interview times.