To better serve this growing community, the Elmwood Community Resource Centre was founded in March 2001 by the Elmwood Interagency Network, Chalmers Neighbourhood Project, and West Elmwood Residents Association, in consultation with the Elmwood Community.
LIST OF RESOURCES
- provides support for families using licensed early learning and child care programs
- offers services including consultation for child behavioural and developmental issues, education and support for child care providers and programs
- provides assistance in developing a child care plan for families with diverse needs, including newcomers to Canada
- Is a not-for-profit parent/child development centre providing clients of Taking Charge! with child care until they arrange alternate care.
- Offers child care for participants accessing on-site programs and services.
- Provides assistance to locate licensed subsidized daycares in the community and provides assistance completing subsidy applications.
City of Winnipeg Job Bank
Spence Neighbourhood Association
- provides work experience and employment training for youth, ages 16-18, who want to get their first job.
- work includes community gardening and clean-up projects.
- work is part-time (12 hours a week) from July to August.