Youth Program Manager
Youth Program Manager
Job Status: Full Time- 35 hours
Salary Range: $19- $22
Closing Date: November 3rd, 2017
Start Date: November 27th
The Youth Program Manager will oversee the Youth in Elmwood Arts and Recreation (YEAR) program implementation, delivery and evaluation. The YEAR program is an Intergenerational after school program that provides tools to break down barriers, increase literacy, mental wellness, leadership skills and cultural teachings in a safe space for Elmwood Youth.
- Bachelor Degree in social sciences, Community development field plus a minimum of 3 years of experience working with children and youth.
- At least three years direct program delivery experience in the field, with a demonstrated knowledge of developing, implementing and evaluating community-based youth programs.
- Knowledge and experience using wrap-around model
- Experience in the development, organization, and facilitation of after school activities, and psycho-social education groups.
- Ability to work flexibly in a high stress environment, adapting to the needs of the group/participant
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity is required to work effectively with the diversity of our client base
- Knowledge of the resources available in the community to youth experiencing barriers to employment, mental health, violence, and/or addictions.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work evening is required and occasional weekends
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check
- A valid driver’s licence and a vehicle is a requirement.
- Oversee the YEAR Program, Homework Education for Elmwood Youth (HEEY), Leadership lunch & learn, Green team, Summer programs,
- Provide supervision and support for the YEAR team and HEEY team,
- Develop, implement, facilitate and evaluate plans and programs designed to ensure that community needs are met in consultation with the Management Team and the Executive Director,
- Address HR concerns in collaboration with ECRC management team and the Executive Director,
- Perform Annual staff performance appraisals,
- Ensure that ECRC and program standards, guidelines, and policies are being followed,
- Develop healthy and strong relationship with youth and their families,
- Prepare statistical and narrative reports as required by the ECRC monthly report and funder reports,
- Develop and encourage implementation of YEAR program manual, guidelines and procedures,
- Collect, summarize and analyze quantitative and qualitative data for logic model report and Annual Report,
- Implement, enforce rules and behavioural expectations and mediate conflicts effectively following restorative justice model,
- Represent the ECRC at local meetings, community functions, or task groups and provide presentations when required.
- Develop relevant partnerships and relationships with community agencies, local schools and local organizations,
- Participate in staff meeting , team meetings and management meetings
Submit Resumes and a cover letter to:
Elmwood Community Resource Centre
545 Watt St /Winnipeg, MB R2K 2S2
*No Phone calls and no emails, only successful applicants will be contacted to schedule interview times.